So good, in our house it's called Nookie!
So simple, great if you’re on a budget and really tasty, what’s not to love? And if you’d love to make a Vegetarian Mediterranean style Gnocchi simply drop the bacon. This dish won’t take more then 15 minutes to prep and cook :) Note that this is not a recipe to make the actual Gnocchi ball things from scratch I’ll tackle that at a later date.
- Olive from the char grilled vege jar for cooking
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 shakes of chilli flakes
- 3 rashes of bacon, roughly chopped. Feel free to remove this if you don’t eat meat or pork, it’s really tasty either way.
- salt and pepper to taste
- 225g jar of grilled vegetables/large handful mixed antipesto veg, cut into bite size bits (I use Prima Scelta only around $3 a jar)
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 500g Gluten Free Gnocchi, I love love love Simply Wise Gluten Free Gnocchi, tastes just like it should and cooks in like a minute!!! Only costs around $6, you’ll find it in the health food isle if you haven’t already tried it.
- Handful of whatever fresh herbs you have in the fridge, basil/parsley goes well, not biggie if you don’t have
- Shaved parmesan for garnishing
Pop a pot of salted water on the stove and bring to the boil.
Meanwhile saute off the onion, garlic and chilli flakes until tender then throw in the bacon and stir through.
Next season the the tasty bits with salt and pepper and add the chargrilled veggies followed a minute later by the tin tomatoes. Gently simmer for about five minutes or so.
Add the Gnocchi to the boiling water, won’t take longer than a minute to cook, the little bits of joy are ready when they float up to the surface. Strain the Gnocchi and toss through the sauce.
Just before serving add the fresh herbs and combine.
Garnish with some shaved parmesan and just munch out.
Handy Hint: Use the oil from the chargrilled veggies instead, packed with flavour and your saving from your own oil stash.